N-Body Live Wallpaper
Fully-feature physics simulator in your desktop wall
This is a retired, unmaintained app!
The N-Body Live Wallpaper is an application for Android (v2.1+) powered devices that enables the user to have a particle zoo of gravity interactions as a home screen wallpaper. The application is heavily based on the first version fo the Particle Physics Simulator, but adapted to suit a live wallaper needs. Features:
- Real n-body simulation, pure gravitational interactions between particles.
- Allow or not physically realistic collisions and mergers between particles.
- Set particle and background colors.
- Set gravity strength and particle mass.
- Accelerometer support.
- Shoot particles or create repulsive forces using touchscreen.
- Enable the action to expand beyond your screen limits without losing particles.
- Enable or disable the central black hole which exerts a neat attractive force towards the center.
- Enable or disable particle trails (disable to improve performance).
Take into account we’re talking about a real n-body simulation. I recommend keeping the number of particles reasonably low for the live wallpaper version (about 10-20), even though it only executes when the screen is on. Does not drain your battery keeping loops or listeners when sleeping. Give it a try, download it from the Google Play.
The Particle Physics Simulator and the N-Body Live Wallpaper do not collect any user data or contain any trackers. It does not serve advertisements or start any internet connection. In this sense, it is a fully privacy respecting application. You can inspect the source code or build it yourself if you like.